As you can see in the header High Fidelity has been moved from the brutally early time of 10am on Saturdays to the awesome time slot 4-6PM Thursday. Yeah!
As for music and what not:
- Girl Talk is unbelievable. For me, it's the album of the summer. Whether I am driving to the beach in Santa Cruz or just kicking it old school, Girl Talk has been the perfect soundtrack.
- Radiohead live is breath taking. Seriously unbelievable show, from the crazy light display to the unbelievable virtuosity and creativity of the musicians. I am seeing them again this Friday and would suggest you see them if you get the chance. (Also, I was twenty feet from Jonny Greenwood in a crowd of seventy thousand. Awesome)
- As for other shows, Modest Mouse was once again disappointing live but the National and REM were very good. Death Cab was a fantastic show. How did I not like this band at one point? Seriously. Wolf Parade may have been the second best show I saw this summer. Great energy and the songs really hold up live.
- The Glow in the Dark Tour was really weird. First, Lupe was the first opening act. What?!!? Possibly the best hip-hop artists right now (Lil Wayne is great, but is more like listening to awesome gangsta stream of conscious rants) and he is opening? I get it logically with other bands who are on the pop charts, but still I was a little bothered. NERD and Rihana were both good and got the crowd ready for the main event....Kanye West talking to a TV screen! Its kinda like watching a one man play with terrible acting interspersed with bangin tunes. Why would such a dynamic artist ignore a sold-out stadium for an 1h and 30m in a 1h and 40m show?
- I bought a ticket to download festival for 10$. I got ripped off. When you fit a bill with indie bands used to playing small venues and put them on a stage that is used for John Mayer and Pearl Jam shows you are going to have a problem. None of the bands could play to such a large crowd. and Brand New was absolutely terrible.
- Movies. Pineapple Express: Mediocre. Tropic Thunder: Hilarious, like see it multiple times hilarious. The Dark Knight: Magical ("What a great sly reference Garrett" "Why thank you").