Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Really Unexpected Post: Me Talking About Klaxons


Klaxons performed a duet at the 2008 Brit Awards with none other than Rihanna. Every time I hear her name I can hear an "Ella-Ella-Eh-Eh-Eh" in the back of my head. I don't think Umbrella is a bad song, I'm just sick of it and the zillions of covers out there. 
The morning after the Brits I eagerly waited for a YouTube video of the performance, as I didn't watch the awards on TV. I have to say the lights and laser pyramid- Daft Punk anyone?- were awesome. As I am slightly obsessed with Klaxons I enjoy their crazy outfits, but the song itself was not that good. It was basically a rock version of Umbrella with Golden Skans playing in the back. I felt like that could have been any other band playing with Rihanna; I was definitely disappointed by Klaxons. Their signature Ooohs and Ahhs had a lower pitch and were almost whispered.
Klaxons should stay away from pop songs- their cover of Justin Timberlake's My Love is worse than this Umbrella/Golden Skans mash-up.
Anyways, this will be the one and only time I will speak- or write- ill words about Klaxons. It's ok Klaxons, I still love you. (Insert Jack and Garrett rolling their eyes at me)

Click HERE for the video on YouTube or DOWNLOAD an mp3 of the performace

Image credit: Bibabidi

No comments: